Schedule & Services
Join me for an upcoming yoga class at Realignment Studio, a yoga, meditation and wellness studio on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C (641 Pennsylvania Ave. SE). I maintain a regular teaching schedule, and I sometimes squeeze in private sessions, pre/postnatal yoga, and speciality workshops.
Weekly Public Classes @ Realignment Studio
- 6:00-6:50am Vinyasa Yoga (All Levels)
- 7:30-8:45pm Yin Yoga (All Levels)
- 6:00-6:50am Vinyasa Yoga (All Levels)
- 9:00-10:15am Vinyasa Yoga (All Levels)
- 10:30-11:30am Vinyasa Yoga (Power)
- Vinyasa (All Levels): This Sanskrit term translates into “breath-linked movement”, and describes a type of class where each pose easily flows into the one that follows. I will place emphasis on the breath and each movement you make will be connected to either an inhale or an exhale.
- Power - My Power classes are a bit faster-paced and guaranteed to make you sweat!
- Vinyasa + Meditaiton - The perfect combination! Enjoy an active vinyasa flow practice ending with 15 minutes of seated meditation.
- Yin Yoga: Yin yoga is a slow-paced class with postures held for longer periods of time. The majority of poses are held low to the ground. Yin yoga poses apply moderate stress to the connective tissues of the body - the tendons, fascia, and ligaments - with the aim of increasing circulation in the joints and improving flexibility. The slower pace may also leave you cultivating a meditative mindset and is a wonderful compliment to your active exercise routine.
- Yin Yoga for Couples - Thursday, Feb. 15 from 6:30-8:00pm at Realignment Studio
- Bring your partner along for tonight's yin yoga class designed especially for couples. Take time to connect through the slow pace of yin yoga. Postures are held for longer periods of time and most are held close to the ground. Yin yoga poses apply moderate stress to the connective tissues of the body - the tendons, fascia, and ligaments - with the aim of increasing circulation in the joints and improving flexibility. The slower pace may also leave you cultivating a meditative mindset and is a wonderful compliment to your active exercise routine. No previous yoga experience is necessary. Please note, both partners must register for the workshop. Cost is $20 per student.
- Realign Family Yoga (Ages 9+) - Sunday, Feb. 25 from 12:30-1:45pm at Realignment Studio
Moms and dads are you looking to share the practice of yoga with your kids in an open, easy environment? Join yoga mom Betsy as she leads a light-hearted yoga practice geared for adults, but with an open invitation to share the space with our children. Kids are sponges and exposing them to self-care habits brings immense benefits to you and to them! Class size is limited and cost includes one adult + one child. Today's class is specifically geared for children ages 9 and older. We look forward to practicing together though children may also observe or quietly read a book in our lounge space during class. The cost of this workshop is $20 per one parent + one chil.
Yoga may be a runner's key to having your best race yet. In this workshop we will explore common yoga poses to strengthen and improve your running, as well as break down yoga therapeutics to prevent and help heal common running injuries. We will also practice simple breathing and meditation techniques to make you love your long runs. Come ready to practice, chat, and break a sweat. All levels welcome. The cost of this workshop is $40, or you may purchase a 3-pack for $108.
Are you looking for a more personalized approach to the practice of yoga? I have a specialty in private yoga instruction and will create a program just for you. Do any of these sound like you? If yes, lets talk!
- The Brand New Yogi - I often work one on one with clients for a short period of time that have never taken a yoga class and who want to learn some yoga basics prior to attending group classes. Private instruction is a great way to set a safe, confident foundation that will aide you in working at home alone or in public group classes.
- The Ouch That Hurts Yogi - It's hard for a teacher to slow down and nurture each individual's aches and pains in a group class, but when we work one on one every session is exactly what you need. Whether its a persistant pain or a specific injury/illness we will work to relieve your pain.
- The Flatlined Yogi - I have a blast working towards break through poses with my clients. Stephanie had been attending regular yoga classes for a few years, but came to me because she really wanted a steady forearm stand - something that had alluded her. Stephanie gained not only had the strength and openness for forearm stand, but the confidence to make a life boosting change.
- The Postnatal Yogi - Let me support you in your postpartum period. Mommy and me classes are wonderful, but just getting out of the house can be a struggle. I will come to you and create a personalized program to support your new journey.
- The Self Care Yogi - Private yoga instruction is a wonderful gift to self or to a loved one. I create sustainable practices to support your everyday living. No specific pain or classification needed.
I am currently accepting new private clients in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Washington, D.C. All sessions are scheduled through and held at Realignment Studio. Please contact me at email@example.com to schedule your initial assessment. Rates as listed with Realignment Studio.